Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just voted



I Voted... Did You?

I just got in from voting. For those who didn't do so yet you still have half an hour or more depending on the time zone your in as you read this (assuming your reading this when it was posted)

It was a nice day so I walked to the polling place but ran into a friend of my brother's when I was half way there and ended up with a ride.

Before I got into the polling place to vote I was hammered with people trying to get me vote for them or candidate. I ran into a guy I knew when I was a kid (yet he didn't hand me anything think fully) and some guy trying to get on as a write on.

Which brings to a big question. Why is this guy running as a write in? It doesn't seem to hard to run in a local election. Not to expensive.

Also the guy had no info about himself. He just handed a flyer with his name asking you to write it end. He had nothing stating where he stands on any issue. In fact this has been a problem with most of the people I've seen running. They'll give you a post card asking for you to vote for them but none of them say what they would (at least like/try to) do when they will get into office. I only saw two people with websites.

Dear people running in local elections give the people so F'ing info about you.


as I walked back home I ended up giving a crackhead a heart attack because she thought I was a cop.

well that's my 2006 primary voting story. What's yours?

No comments: